After seeing this guy rig (Flycam). My colleague seemed very interested with the thingamajigger — to the point of trying out the rig.
Those thing cost as much as my new Kessler Pocket Dolly™ (RM2.8k range).
Since he’s a HD Video user (soon to be converted to HDSLR) and I’m a 5DM2 user, I don’t think I’ll be using the big-ugly-heavy Flycam/Glidecam any soon — depend on the job requirement that is.
Before my next budget going to burst. Here’s the check list for HDSLR new rig (we’re getting another one Canon EOS 5D Mark II):
- Kessler Pocket Dolly™ – Purchased at http://www.directphoto.com.my
- Redrock Micro eyeSpy Balance – Purchased at http://www.adorama.com
- Redrock Micro microFollowFocus v2 – Ordered separately with microWhips and microLensGears at http://www.adorama.com
- JuicedLink CX231 Camcorder XLR Audio Adapter/Mixer/Preamp – Ordered at http://www.juicedlink.com
- RØDE VideoMic (Directional Video Condenser Microphone) – shashinki.com have them, looking for cheaper price.
- Zoom H4N (X/Y Stereo Condenser Mics) – Optional. http://www.ckmusic.com.my have them.
- Litepanels MicroPro LED Camera Light – Trying to get one from Singapore distributor.
- Marshall Electronics V-LCD50-HDMI – Optional. 5″ Lightweight 800 x 480 Camera-Top / Portable Field Monitor with HDMI. This one cost an arm and a leg if I’m trying to order it online. Looking for local distributor.
Prime lens. I already got 50mm f/1.4 and 135mm f/2. Looking for 24mm next. Or maybe a Carl Zeiss glass :)
This is a test shot for my new zoom lens, 24-70mm f/2.8.
Not bad for a part-time job eh?